This was a nice gem of a game. Loved the music and all the 90s sayings! Took me back to the mall days
Marble & Glass
Made in two weeks for Vaporjam with an open-ended vaporwave theme.
You will experience aspects of the late 90's through the lens of a shopping mall.
How to Play
It's a super chill exploration game. You simply need to "purchase" one of each type of good in the mall.
Your checklist is as follows:
- One music cd
- One videogame
- One movie
- One book/magazine
- One item of skategear
Once you've filled your "backpack", use one of the mall exits (centre north or centre south on any floor) to leave and receive a grade. There's a checklist percentage marker above the minimap to help mark your progress.
Use your WASD or ARROW keys to navigate and select between menu items and buttons. Use your ENTER key or mouse clicks to press the buttons that appear.
Xbox controllers are well supported on the Windows build. Use your analogue stick to navigate and the A button to interact with buttons and menus.
- The two pillars on the start screen were adapted from "Pillar_Column" by "Oiboo". The original asset is marked CC0 1.0.
- Icons are from: "Game Icons", "Game Icons (expansion)" and "Playing Cards Pack" by "Kenney". Each set is marked CC0 1.0.
- The water fountains are adapted from "Solarus Fountain" by "AntumDeluge" and "Diarandor". The original asset is marked CC-BY-SA 4.0.
- Download my modifications to this asset under the same terms here.
- Text throughout the game uses the fonts: Kenney Pixel and Kenney Pixel Square. The Kenney Fonts Set is marked CC0 1.0.
- The track "Surreal Synth.wav" by "5P4C3_C4173T" is marked CC0 1.0.
- The track "Bouncy Synth" by "5P4C3_C4173T" is marked CC0 1.0.
- The track ""Cool Classic" Sample.wav" by "therealguy" is marked CC0 1.0.
- The track "simple vapor-y loop" by "yatoimtop" is marked CC0 1.0.
- The track "hard(drive)decisions.wav" by "eardeer" is marked CC0 1.0.
- The dial-up telephone effect is adapted from "modem_dial.wav" by "0ktober". The original asset is marked CC0 1.0.
- The escalator sound is "Escalator" by "roachpowder". The asset is marked CC0 1.0.
- The mall exit sound is adapted from "Stairclimbing.flac" by "qubodup". The original asset is marked CC0 1.0.
- The water fountain sound is "Fountain .wav" by "sean_sd2007". The asset is marked CC0 1.0.
- The pretty gradient skybox is made possible thanks to Alex Strook's free gradient shader.